Technology is like the heartbeat of the Digital World. Without all the social media, equipment and other things in hand, the digital growth wouldn’t have been possible.
There is no denying the fact that we are living in a world surrounded by technology.
Just imagine a situation when the internet goes down for a day? What would be the scenario for everyone?
Well, that is exactly how important it is. Even the professionals are putting it to use to grow their business and bring the best out of it. Not just running the business, technology is being utilized to recruit the individuals and provide them jobs depending on their criteria.
This is something that no one would have imagined 5-10 years back. That’s how progressive the global market is getting. The recruitments trends have changed quite a lot over the years and how.
Some of the ways in which recruitment trends have changed are as follows:
- Diversity and Inclusion: The most important change that has been observed is that hiring is not limited to any boundaries geographically, ethnically, gender-specific or even age-specific. In the majority of the cases, it is the skills and talents of the job-seekers that are being looked for. This inclusion of diversity has not just allowed global participation but has also helped in increased productivity retention as well as the happiness of the employees.
- No more paper resumes and cover letter: With the advent of technology and people applying online for their jobs, it is important to have a good and presentable digital portfolio. Even the interviews are being conducted online, which makes it essential for the job-seekers to create the best first impression by having a good hold on their soft skills.
- Artificial Intelligence: Unlike 5 years back, when artificial intelligence was just a concept, it can now be used to recruit individuals, one of the examples being PepsiCo who has already adopted this technology. It is an essential thing for all the recruiters to start using AI Assistance. This technology not just helps in knowing whether the answers of an individual are true or not, but also helps them detect the body language of the interviewees.
- Mobile, social media and Recruitment: According to the statistics, around 45% of the job-seekers hunt and apply for jobs on mobile phones. As such, it is an essential element for all recruiters to have their impact on social media as well as online space making the application process easier, either through apps or websites.
- Flexible Workforce: Majority of the companies and organizations are now recruiting flexible workforce including full-time workers, freelancers, contractors and all others. This has also lead to an increase in the satisfaction levels of the employees.
For all the recruiters and companies, it is quintessential to have flexible methods of recruitment which are in coordination with changing trends in technology. Having local interviews and paper works for the technology influenced generation has become an old-school concept in the world that is globally digitalized.